|On Friday, October 7, 2016 nearly 200 health care and gerontology professionals joined the Division of Senior and Adult Services (DSAS) and The MetroHealth System for the 22nd Annual Cuyahoga County Conference on Aging at the Holiday Inn in Independence. The Conference theme was "Aging and Innovations: Programs, Technology and Resources". The keynote speaker was Lori Stevic-Rust, Ph.D., ABPP. Dr. Lori is a board certified Clinical Health Psychologist who holds a doctoral degree in psychology and earned a Diplomate from the American Board of Professional Psychology. She completed an internship at Henry Ford Hospital with specialty training in geriatrics, cardiac care, women’s health and integrative medicine.
Dr. Stevic-Rust set the tone of the Conference by delivering the Keynote address that focused on the implications of aging and disability to family interactions and socialization across multiple generations. Participants had a choice to attend five (5) breakout sessions, including:
The Education Resource and Development Committee would like to thank all who participated and ask you to Save the Date for the Cuyahoga County Conference, October 6, 2017.
- Transforming Person-Centered Care through Technology in the Care of our Elderly (Shelley Szarek-Skodny);
- Innovation, Leadership and the 21st Century Senior Center (Richard L. Jones, Ph.D.);
- Aging Mastery Programs: Now and Future (Mary McNamara and Melissa Gleeson MSW, LSW);
- Grandmother Caregivers and their Families; Healthy Mind-Healthy Body (Camille Beckette Warner, Ph.D.)
- Lifelong Learning and Community Living (Cate O’Hara, MA and Wendy Albin Sattin, MURP